APC Cork understands the environmental and social responsibility that building suppliers have, and we work hard to make sure we are reducing our overall impact by establishing the following policy commitments:
- We will only purchase cork from forests managed in a responsible way, preferably certified to FSC® or PEFC or a credible alternative standard.
- We will work with our suppliers to eliminate the purchase of cork from endangered forests.
- We will make sure our suppliers are in compliance with laws and regulations pertaining to their operations and that they are supplying legally and sustainably purchased cork.
APC Cork will ensure that the supply of raw material does not come from controversial sources such as:
- Forests operated illegally or in violation of civil and traditional rights
- High Conservation Value Forests threatened by management activities
- Forests in the process of conversion to plantations or non-forest use
- Forests where trees are genetically modified